The Easter Holidays are fast approaching and you may be wondering what to do with the kids whilst they are off school. There are plenty of activities going on in and around Bracknell. Here are our favourites:
Easter Egg Hunts & Treasure Trails
Easter Egg Hunts, Bracknell Forest
– 3rd – 5th April 2018. Bracknell Forest are holding morning and afternoon treasure hunts in local parks. Solve a series of festive clues to win a chocolate prize! Spaces are limited, so please book early to avoid disappointment. £3 per child.
Binfield’s Easter Egg Hunt, Binfield Village, Bracknell
- 3rd April – Ambarrow Court, Sandhurst (10am & 1pm)
- 4th April – South Hill Park, Bracknell (10am & 1pm)
- 5th April – Lily Hill Park, Bracknell (10am & 1pm)
– 30th March – 8th April 2018. Lovely trail around the village with some delightful egg decorations! £2 per child, maps available from Binfield Village Stores & Crema Coffee Shop.
Easter Activities at the River & Rowing Museum, Henley
– 29th March – 15th April. There will be an Easter Egg hunt
running over the Easter period in addition to the regular attractions of this family-friendly museum. (See here for a review of what’s on offer!
) There will also be a Birds of Prey Family Fun Day
on the 5th April where you can see hawks, eagles and owls.
Easter Bunny Hunt, Holme Grange Craft Village, Wokingham
– 30th March – 13th April 2018. Holme Grange are holding an Easter Bunny Hunt between 30th March and 15th April 11am – 3pm (excluding Easter Sunday). Find the bunnies around the village and win an instant prize (and an entry into a prize draw to win one of the bunnies). Entry tickets available at Pottery Pals & Quench. £1 per child.
Spring Discovery Trail, Savill Garden, Windsor Great Park
– 1st -15th April 2018. Follow the trail around Windsor Great Park to unscramble the Easter message and return to the Savill Building to collect your prize. £3.50 (pay at the main reception in the Savill Building).
Lunch with the Easter Bunny, The Sanctuary Barn, Binfield, Bracknell
– 31st March 2018 (1230 – 230pm). Egg hunt, Easter bonnet competition, face painting, lunch with the Easter bunny and lots more. Pre-booking via The Sanctuary Barn. £5 per child.
Easter Special Events at The Lexicon, Bracknell
Spring Garden, Princess Square, Bracknell
– 30th March – 8th April 2018. Crafts, walkabout entertainers and story-telling in a magical spring garden setting. Pre-booking is essential. Suggested donation of £1 per child. The craft projects will be as follows:
Meet the Tobar bush grub team @ Fenwick, The Lexicon, Bracknell
- Pom-pom rabbits or yarn-chicks (Fri 30 Mar, Sat 31 Mar, Mon 2 Apr)
- Nature crafts with pine cones (Tues 3 and Fri 6 Apr)
- Decorating bird feeders (Weds 4th & Sat 7th Apr)
- Decorating toadstool tea light holders (Thurs 5th & Sun 8th Apr)
– 11th April 2018, 11am – 4pm. Meet the Tobar bush grub team and get up close and personal with some creepy crawlies. There will also be tasting challenges and fun creepy crawly games!
Lindt Easter Bunny Hunt @ Fenwick, The Lexicon, Bracknell
– 17th – 25th March 2018. Find the 4 gold bunnies hiding on the second floor of Fenwick and enter into the prize draw to win a Lindt chocolate Easter hamper worth £50!
Don’t forget to visit The Lexicon’s Events Page
for news of all the latest events happening in Bracknell’s jewel of the crown.
Madagascar Easter School 2018, South Hill Park, Bracknell
– 2nd – 6th April 2018, 9am – 5pm. Following the success of Seussical the Musical back in 2017, the creative team at South Hill Park are back. Suitable for ages 7-17 years, the team will work with children to become part of the cast for a performance of Madagascar. The musical numbers and dance sequences will be superb! The children’s cast will display the fruits of their labour when they perform with the adults in Madagascar, which takes place from Weds 11th – Sun 15th April 2018.
Jump in! at Norden Farm, Maidenhead
– 30th March – 14th April 2018. There are lots of events going on at Norden Farm including the Jump in festival where you can get involved with different activities such as circus skills, chocolate making and crafts. Some of our highlights are:
Family Fun Days
Easter Family Fun Day at John Nike Ski and Snowboard Centre, Bracknell
– 2nd April 2018 10am – 5pm. Activities will include sno-tubing, taster ski and snowboard lessons, taster ice-skating lessons and public session ice-skating and open slope practice. Pre-booking essential. £9.50 per person. Under 5’s free with a paying adult.
Easter Fun Day, Grenfell Park, Maidenhead
– 31st March 2018 11am – 3pm. This is a free event aimed at families with an easter egg hunt, face painting, bunny mask decorating and lots more. There will also be refreshments, a bouncy castle and fairground rides.
Spring Family Raceday, Ascot Racecourse
– 25th March 2018. The family raceday is a combination of racing and activities suitable for all of the family. There will be a dog agility show, a chance to met Peter Rabbit, falconry displays, pony rides, bush craft survival skill workshops and lots more including live music.
Best of the Rest
Easter Lambing Days, Millers Ark Farm, Hook
– 24th March – 12th April (See website for dates and times. Includes Good Friday, Easter Sunday & Easter Monday). This is a hands-on farm where visitors can go in to every pen and cuddle lambs, baby goats, groom baby donkeys, play in the outdoor playbarn and lots more. Entry is £8 for adults and for children aged 2 and over Children under 2 are free.
Wellington Country Park, Riseley nr Reading
– 30th March – 15th April. Various activities including a circus spectacular, family circus skills and puppet theatre. See website for further details and dates.
The Look Out Discovery Centre, Bracknell
– Daily at weekends and in the school holidays. 11am, Midday, 2pm and 315pm. The Yucky You is a ‘disgustingly entertaining’ and educates children about mucus and snot amongst other things! Shows cost £1.95 per person on top of your entry fee to the Lookout. Tickets can be bought from reception each day.
Bracknell Trampoline Centre, Bracknell
– 11th & 13th April 2018. There will be special Easter pay as you go session for children under 5 and also for ages 6-10. See website for further details and for pre-booking. You can read about our wonderful experiences at Bracknell Trampoline Centre
in one of our previous blogs. There will be trampolining, climbing, a bouncy castle, toys and crafts to enjoy. £4 for children, 25p for adults.
Elite Prep Centre Fun Weeks, Bracknell
– 3rd – 13th April 2018. Elite Prep Centre will be holding fun weeks with football, Easter egg hunts, different themes (like superheroes!) and games. These will be held at Bracknell Town FC, Wildridings Primary School and Winkfield St Mary’s.
We hope we’ve provided you with lots of Easter inspiration in this post! When you are at home, for some quiet time or because the weather isn’t playing fair, we can recommend indoor craft activities from Mrs Mactivity
. We hope that you manage to have lots of fun with your families. Let us know what you get up to or if there’s any more activities you can suggest in the comments box below.