It doesn’t seem that long since the kids have been back at school since Christmas but the February half term is on its way and you may be wondering what to do with the children whilst they are off school. There are plenty of activities going on in and around Warwickshire during the February 2022 half-term school holidays. Even more so now coronavirus
restrictions are starting to ease. Here are some ideas of what you can do during the February 2022 Half Term in Warwick, Leamington Spa, Stratford-upon-Avon, Coventry and the surrounding areas.
Museums and Libraries
- Coventry Transport Museum, Coventry. Coventry Transport Museum houses the largest publicly owned collection of British vehicles on the planet and tells the story of a city which changed the world through transport. Visitors can expect captivating displays, interactive galleries, and highly immersive exhibitions – a day to remember.
- Herbert Art Gallery & Museum, Coventry.From contemporary art exhibitions to social history talks. There’s so much for adults, families, and children of all ages to explore. You can expect… World-class exhibitions, extraordinary events for all ages, ever-changing displays and unique experiences. Gain a fresh perspective on the legend of Lady Godiva, discover your ancestors’ history in the Coventry Archives, and explore Coventry’s history from the 1500s onwards. All of this is just a stone’s throw away from Coventry Cathedral.
- Half-Term F1 Fun – British Motor Museum, Gaydon – Saturday 19th February 2022 – Sunday 27th February 2022. Fuel their imagination this half term with a range of Formula One racing-themed family activities. Make an F1 car using LEGO®, enjoy a weekend family tour with our ‘resident racing driver’ Jackie Demon, or join our crazy scientists to discover the secrets of speed! charges apply, see website for details.
- Kenilworth Library – Half Term Family Events, Kenilworth – Saturday 19th February 2022 – Saturday 26th February 2022. There are various events taking place at Kenilworth Library over the Warwickshire half-term school holidays. Booking is essential via their Eventbrite page.
- Lego Club – Saturday 19th February 2022 10am (SOLD OUT) & Saturday 26th February 2022 10am (age 4-11)
- Rhyme Time – Thursday 24th February 2022 10 am (SOLD OUT) (age 0-2)
- Adventures in Storytelling with Pyn Stockman – Monday 21st February 2022 1030am (SOLD OUT)
- Dragon Crafts – Tuesday 22nd February 2022 10 am (SOLD OUT) (age 4-11)
- Leamington Library – Half Term Family Events, Leamington – Saturday 19th February 2022 – Saturday 26th February 2022. There are various events taking place at Leamington Library over half term. Booking is essential via their Eventbrite page.
- Lego Club – Saturday 19th February 2022 2pm (SOLD OUT) & Saturday 26th February 2022 2pm (age 4-11)
- Rhyme Time – Tuesday 22nd February 2022 1030am (SOLD OUT) & Friday 25th February 2022 1030am (age 0-2)
- Story Stomp – Thursday 24th February 2022 1030am (age 2-4)
- Dragons & Storytelling – Monday 21st February 2022 1030-1130am (SOLD OUT) and Thursday 24th February 2.30-3.30 pm (SOLD OUT) (age 4-11).
- Leamington Spa Art Gallery & Museum, Leamington Spa. The Leamington Spa Art Gallery & Museum is an art gallery and museum housed inside Leamington Spa’s historic Royal Pump Rooms. It is home to a collection of contemporary art and the museum also has displays of local history and culture.
- The MAD Museum, Stratford. The MAD Museum does what it says on the tin! Based in the centre of Stratford upon Avon, this quirky attraction displays interactive pieces of mechanical art, in particular; kinetic art and automata. “MAD” stands for Mechanical Art and Design. If you’re not quite sure what mechanical art is all about, think of the machines and gizmos used in Wallace and Gromit, Scrapheap Challenge and Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. In a nutshell, mechanical art is usually beautifully crafted, moving sculptures either made to have an exaggerated purpose or made simply for the fun of it. See the website for details on tickets and opening times.
- Stratford Library – Half Term Family Events, Stratford- Saturday 19th February 2022 – Saturday 26th February 2022. There are various events taking place at Stratford Library over the Warwickshire half-term school holidays. Booking is essential via their Eventbrite page.
- Lego Club – Saturday 19th February 2022 1010am, Saturday 19th February 2022 1110am (SOLD OUT), Saturday 26th February 2022 1010am & Saturday 26th February 2022 1110am (SOLD OUT) (age 4-11)
- Rhyme Time – Tuesday 22nd February 2022 10am (SOLD OUT) & Friday 25th February 2022 10am (age 0-2)
- Story Stomp – Thursday 24th February 2022 1030am (age 2-4)
- Half Term Crafts – Monday 21st February 2022 10 am (SOLD OUT) & Wednesday 23rd February 2022 10 am (SOLD OUT) (age 4-11).
- Adventures in Storytelling with Pyn Stockman – Friday 25th February 2022 2 pm (SOLD OUT)
- Shakespeare’s Schoolroom and Guildhall, Stratford – Saturday 19th – Sunday 27th February 2022. Shakespeare’s Schoolroom and Guildhall will be open from 11 am each day during the 2022 February Warwickshire half-term. They say: “Join us in the heart of Stratford-upon-Avon to discover the world Shakespeare experienced as a schoolboy and where he started his journey to becoming the world’s greatest playwright. We are a #FamilyFriendly #DogFriendly award-winning attraction and look forward to welcoming you.”
- Tudor World, Stratford. The museum is suitable for all ages, but you might wish to warn children there are figures in some of the exhibits to enhance the experience and atmospheric lighting. There are lots of interactive elements: from a touchscreen; videos to choose from; a feast to sit at; a throne to perch on and a four-poster bed to lie on. You can take part in a written witch trial; go in the stocks or try your hand at quill writing in the schoolroom. See the website for details of tickets and opening hours.
- Warwick Library – Half Term Family Events, Warwick – Saturday 19th February 2022 – Thursday 24th February 2022. There are various events taking place at Warwick Library over half term. Booking is essential via their Eventbrite page.
- Chatterbooks – Saturday 19th February 2022 2.15pm-3.15pm (for ages 8-12) Book discussion, fun games & crafts.
- Family Craft Session – Monday 21st February 2022 10am-1045am & 11am-1145am (for ages 4-11)
- Adventures in Storytelling with Pyn Stockman – Monday 21st February 2022 2 pm-3 pm
- Story Stomp – Tuesday 22nd February 2022 930am-10am (ages 2-4)
- Rhyme Time – Thursday 24th February 2022 930am-10am & 11am-1130am (ages 0-2)
- Family Craft Session – Thursday 24th February 2022 2pm-245am & 3pm-345am (for ages 4-11)
- Arty Tots – Springy Woolly Jumpers, Market Hall Museum, Warwick – Tuesday 22nd February 2022, 10 am-3 pm. Calling all ‘Arty Tots’ get creative at Market Hall this half term. How do we keep warm? What are our clothes made from? Create your own woolly cute sheep or llamas and try some weaving too. Suitable for under-5s. £3 per child. Spaces are limited so please book in advance through the Heritage and Culture Warwickshire Eventbrite page.
- Anglo-Saxons, Market Hall Museum, Warwick – Wednesday 23rd February 2022, 10 am-3 pm. Ever wondered how the Anglo-Saxons waged war? How they fought over the Viking raiders? Then come to Market Hall to visit our resident Anglo-Saxon warrior who will be showing off his arms and armour and talking about what life was like as an Anglo-Saxon. Try your hand at some Anglo-Saxon crafts such as braid-weaving and rune-writing with a quill pen. Can you solve the rune riddle hidden around the museum? Word Hoard – with Storyteller Pyn Stockman. Storytelling at 10 am, 11 am, 1 pm and 2 pm.
Gather in the mead hall sit close to the fire to hear tales of long ago in this Anglo-Saxon Storytelling Adventure at Market Hall Museum. With riddles to solve, brave warriors and clever woodwose to meet plus terrible monsters of land and sea to defeat! With lots of opportunities to join in. £3 per child. Spaces are limited so please book in advance through the Heritage and Culture Warwickshire Eventbrite page/
- Stoughton’s Treasure Escape Game, St John’s House Museum, Warwick – Friday 25th, Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th February 2022. Slots at 10am, 11.15am, 12.30pm, 1.45pm, 3pm and 4.15pm. A new escape game for St Johns House. Clues have recently emerged hinting at a treasure hoard, lost in St Johns many years ago. Can you solve the puzzles, search out the artefacts around the curator’s office and find the treasure before your time runs out? Game lasts up to 45 minutes. Please arrive no more than 15 minutes before your time slot. Suitable for 2-6 players, ages 7+. £30 per team. Spaces are limited so please book in advance through the Heritage and Culture Warwickshire Eventbrite page.
- Wellesbourne Library – Half Term Family Events, Wellesbourne – Saturday 19th February 2022 – Thursday 24th February 2022. There are various events taking place at Wellesbourne Library over the Warwickshire half-term school holidays. Booking is essential via the Warwickshire Libraries Eventbrite page.
- Lego Club – Wednesday 23rd February 2022 330-430pm (age 4-11)
- Rhyme Time – Friday 25th February 2022 10-1030am (age 0-2)
- Winter Campfire, Dens & Smores at Ryton Pools Country Park, Coventry – Wednesday 23rd February 2022 1030am & Friday 25th February 2022 1030am. Can you Survive in Our Woodland?! Build a Shelter and Cook Marshmallows Over the Fire for Your S’mores! Come and have some fun discovering how to design and build your own woodland shelter that’s camouflaged, big enough for your team and waterproof…. ish!! The Rangers will be on hand to provide tips, materials and help. When all the shelters are built we will light a small fire and toast some marshmallows for our S’mores. (Dairy-free option available).
- Half Term Explorer Quest – Kenilworth Castle, Kenilworth – Saturday 19th – Sunday 27th February 2022. 10am-4pm. Get fit for history this half-term in Warwickshire on a fun-filled outdoor explorer quest at Kenilworth Castle. Roam around the grounds to find games and activities inspired by Queen Elizabeth, soldiers, and servants. Find out quirky facts, tackle playful puzzles see if you’ve got what it takes to get moving like people from the past.
- A Giant February Half Term Adventure – Hatton Adventure World, Hatton – Saturday 19th – Sunday 27th February 2022. BRAND NEW FOR 2022 – Jack & The Beanstalk is coming to Hatton! Enjoy this 40-minute family friendly pantomime in our pop-up theatre. Simply choose your show time when booking, and full Adventure World entry is included with your ticket. No need to worry about the weather! Stay warm and dry with our indoor activities including all-day animal handling, guinea pig village, scales & tails exotic animal experiences, a magical family show and our huge indoor soft play and slide mania centre. The action continues outdoors with the return of our epic laser combat battles, amazing falconry displays, mini funfair rides, giant helter-skelter and family games, and meet our animal friends on the farmyard walk. Admission fee applies, see website for details.
- Snowdrop Festival – Hill Close Gardens, Warwick – Saturday 19th February 2022, 11am-4pm. We are opening our Gardens in aid of the NGS – Our tearoom will be open serving hot and cold drinks and cakes. Come along and take a look at the snowdrops at Hill Close Gardens. Adults £5. Children £1.
- February Half Term – Warwick Castle, Warwick – Saturday 19th – Sunday 27th February 2022, 10am-4pm. Don’t miss out on brand new live entertainment this February Half Term, with a host of spectacular shows and attractions for all the family. Experience the action in the UK’s only Medieval Festival of Archery and marvel at the incredible skill and agility of our birds of prey in our Winter Birds of Prey display. Admission fee applies, see website for details.
- Big Dino Days at All Things Wild, Honeybourne – Saturday 19th – Sunday 27th February 2022.The perfect event for Dino enthusiasts of all ages! We are delving further into the world of dinosaurs and putting on trails and challenges for you to complete as a Dino ranger! You will discover some fascinating fossils and not forgetting to visit our Step Through Time attraction where we have over 40 life-size dinosaurs! All of this, plus more activities, plenty of animals to visit and play areas to burn off some energy!
- Half Term Activities at Compton Verney, Compton Verney. Stunning parkland and lake, and woodland adventure playground. Pre-booking for events essential.
- Half Term Activities – Tuesday 22nd-Sunday 27th February 2022. K’Nex Rocket Challenge, Bird Dash Challenge and Forest Club Sessions.
- Adventure Camp – Tuesday 22nd February 2022. Outdoor exploring, building and making, the whole park is your playground and our Freedom Forest leaders have designed some amazing adventures.
- Spectacle of Light – Friday 11th February – Sunday 6th March 2022. Enjoy this beautiful illuminated trail through the majestic woodland and around the parkland all lit under the stars. Explore the stunning light installations, walk through the changing Light Curve, immerse yourself in the Carpet of Colour on the main lawn and be amazed by the sparkling light beams across the lake.
- Half Term at National Trust properties, Warwickshire. From walks through riverside parkland to stories of the gunpowder plot, there is lots to discover in Warwickshire. Why not take a picnic and enjoy some fresh air in the family at one of these National Trust properties?
- Redwings Donkey Sanctuary, Oxhill. Redwings Oxhill is welcoming visitors every Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday (closed on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays), 10am to 4pm.
- February Half Term at Twycross Zoo, Atherstone – Saturday 19th February 2022 – Sunday 27th February 2022. Discover the animal kingdom, roam 100-acres of the great outdoors and enjoy fantastic family fun. This February Half Term at Twycross Zoo, there’s so much to see and so much to do. Almost 100 species of animal, indoor and outdoor play, daily animal talks and much MORE. Plus, every single visit makes a difference to us as a conservation charity.
Clubs & Classes running over Half-Term
Arts and Entertainment
- So you think you know about Dinosaurs with Dr Ben Garrod – The Albany, Coventry – Saturday 19th February 2022. With its fun, wild and riotous atmosphere, the hit theatre production SO YOU THINK YOU KNOW ABOUT DINOSAURS! hosted by TV presenter, author and all-round dinosaur expert, Dr Ben Garrod, returns to the live theatre next Spring. This fully interactive experience will be touring theatres around the country and promises to leave adults amazed at the younger audiences encyclopedic knowledge.
- The Wind in The Willows – The Albany, Coventry – Pack your picnics and join Ratty, Mole, Badger, and the fantastically irrepressible Toas as they embark on the adventure of a lifetime, culminating in a colourful battle to save Toad Hall from the mischievous weasels! Enjoy heaps of interaction, stunning costumes, toe-tapping music, and larger-than life characters. For ages 4+.
- Billionaire Boy , The Belgrade Theatre, Coventry – Thursday 17th – Saturday 19th February 2022. From the award-winning West End producers of Gangsta Granny and Horrible Histories comes this amazing new production of David Walliams’ best-selling story! Joe has his own sports car, two crocdiles as pets and £100,000 a week pocket money! But what he doesn’t have is a friend. So he decides to leave his posh school and start at the local comp. but things don’t go as planned for Joe and life becomes a rollercoaster as he tries to find what money can’t buy! For ages 5+.
- Zog & The Flying Doctors – Warwick Arts Centre, Coventry – Thursday 24th – Sunday 27th February 2022. Zog, super keen student turned air-ambulance, still lands with a crash-bang-thump. Together with his Flying Doctor crew, Princess Pearl and Sir Gadabout, they tend to a sunburnt mermaid, a unicorn with one too many horns and a lion with the flu. However, Pearl’s uncle, the King, has other ideas about whether princesses should be doctors, and she’s soon locked up in the castle back in a crown and a silly firilly dress! Based on Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler’s bestselling sequel. For ages 4+.
- Half Term Events at Enchanted Tea Room, Leamington Spa – Various Dates. Enjoy afternoon tea with a whole host of singing and dancing characters. A whole lot of fun and joy to be had by everyone!
- Saturday 19th February 2022 2.30pm – Belle & Rapunzel
- Sunday 20th February 2022 12.30pm – Princess Mirabel (Encanto)
- Tuesday 22nd February 2022 12pm – Princess Mirabel (Encanto)
- Tuesday 22nd February 2022 2pm – Belle & Jasmine
- Wednesday 23rd February 2022 12pm – Princesses
- Wednesday 23rd February 2022 2pm – Snow Sisters
- Friday 25th February 2022 1pm – Rotten to the Core with Evil Queen Evie & Mal
- Saturday 26th February 2022 1130am – Princess Mirabel (Encanto)
- Saturday 26th February 2022 430pm – The Greatest Showman Afternoon Tea
- Sunday 27th February 2022 12pm – Ariel, Aurora, Moana
- So you think you know about Dinosaurs with Dr Ben Garrod – Royal Spa Centre, Leamington Spa – Tuesday 22nd February 2022, 3pm. With its fun, wild and riotous atmosphere, the hit theatre production SO YOU THINK YOU KNOW ABOUT DINOSAURS! hosted by TV presenter, author and all-round dinosaur expert, Dr Ben Garrod, returns to the live theatre next Spring. This fully interactive experience will be touring theatres around the country and promises to leave adults amazed at the younger audiences encyclopedic knowledge.
- Dear Zoo Live – Royal Spa Centre, Leamington Spa – Wednesday 23rd February 2022 130pm & Thursday 24th February 1030am & 130pm. With lots of laughs and audience interaction, Dear Zoo is the perfect introduction to theatre for young children. Ben and Sally are searching for the perfect pet, but instead the zoo send a far too big elephant, a far too grumpy camel, and a far too jumpy frog. Whatever will they send next! Rod Campbell’s much-loved lift the flap book has been a firm favourite with children and parents for nearly forty years. Lovingly adapted for the stage, his distinctive illustrations leap from the page in this colourful show packed full of puppetry, songs and, of course, all the animals from the zoo.
- Milkshake Live! Milkshake Monkey’s Musical, Royal Spa Centre, Leamington Spa – Friday 25th February 2022 12pm & 3.30pm.Milkshake! Monkey is back and can’t wait to put on a spectacular NEW Show for you all, joined by some of his favourite Milkshake! friends plus two Milkshake Presenters creating the most dazzling show you have ever seen! Join Paddington, Daisy & Ollie, Milo, Noddy, Pip and Posy, Blue’s Clues & You! and of course Milkshake! Monkey for an unforgettable family time at Milkshake Monkey’s Musical!
- Starry Nights, Playbox Theatre, Warwick – Thursday 24th February 2022 5pm (SOLD OUT) & Friday 25th February 2022 7pm. Starry Nights is the annual, major, fund-raiser for Playbox Theatre. 2022 promises to be a very special event, especially having lost it due to the pandemic in 2021 and features 100 young performers!
Best of the Rest: Half-Term in Warwickshire
- Dinky’s Play Cafe, Leamington Spa – Open Monday – Saturday 10 a.m – 5 p.m. Dinky’s is a delightful cafe in Leamington complete with baby area and soft play frame suitable for age 3-8 year olds, so you can enjoy a coffee whilst your little ones are entertained.
- The Madhouse Soft Play, Leamington Spa – The Madhouse Soft Play is located in Sydenham, Leamington Spa and caters for all ages up to the age of 11 and also has a cafe. Find out more about it by reading our review of The Madhouse as to what you can expect.
- JNB Gymnastics Academy Holiday Camp / Superbounce / Mum, Dad and Me, JNB, Pathlow, Stratford-upon- Avon – Monday 21st – Sunday 27th February 2022. A whole week’s worth of gymnastics and dance fun. Suitable for age 4+. Also, the popular Superbounce and Mum, Dad and Me sessions will also be running through half-term week so you can still let your child burn off steam!
- The Magical Fairytale Trail at Magic Alley, Stratford – various dates.Enter a magical world of fairy tales and complete the magical quest to win a prize and certificate. You can expect to enter a fantasy world of knights and princesses, unicorns and dragons. This event is based on a fairytale written specifically for this event. There will be puzzles and riddles to solve and things to find as well as activities such as having a sword fight (soft swords obviously)! The experience on average lasts 45 minutes to an hour. Recommended 6 plus but over 4s are welcome they may just need an extra bit of help from the grown ups. Timed entry and small groups. Covid safety measures in place as required by the government at the time of the event. Pre-booking essential. A magical way to spend the half-term in Warwickshire!
- Half Term at Stratford Butterfly Farm, Stratford – Saturday 19th February 2022 – Sunday 27th February 2022. Pre-booking advised. Visit the Butterfly Farm during half-term and receive a beautiful complimentary marble heart* to either keep or give to a loved one. In return we ask that you pledge your love to the environment by making a green action promise. Pledges to do something positive to help protect the environment and can be actioned at home, school or work.
- Half Term Activities, Jump In Trampoline Park, Warwick –This February half-term we have a jam-packed week of FUN to help get the children off their screens and onto our trampolines! You may just bump into some famous characters! Why not get your groove on at our Daytime Disco running 3-5pm every day during half term! Open Jump sessions run from 10am every day. Grab some friends for the perfect play date this February! Click to find out more Tots Time… During Half Term Toddler Time for 4 years and under will run from 9-10am Monday- Saturday. In this session the tots get the free run of the park including the soft play.
Have fun in Warwickshire this Half-Term!
We hope we’ve provided you with lots of Warwickshire half-term inspiration in this post! When you are at home, for some quiet time or because the weather isn’t playing fair, we can recommend some great indoor activities
. We hope that you manage to have lots of fun with your families. Let us know what you get up to or if there’s any more activities you can suggest in the comments box below or by joining the conversation on our Facebook