Unicorns are one of the key trends out there for little ones. Our daughter is a bit of a fan of unicorns, so we were very pleased to have the chance to review a new magazine totally, which, for the first issue, is dedicated to the mythical (yet very cute) creatures. Totally is a new magazine from Kennedy Publishing
which is aimed at young girls and features a different theme each month. The themes are tailored toward the current trend of the moment.
Both myself and my daughter opened the package and were immediately delighted with how colourful the magazine was. The front cover was packed with colourful pictures (including 10 different unicorns to spot if we counted correctly!), enticing us to look inside. First things first though, like every good magazine, there was a package of goodies to get stuck into!
First impressions of Totally Unicorns
The free gifts with the magazine just kept on coming. They were all brightly coloured unicorn accessories. Our little one made a beeline for the freebies that were opened and enjoyed straight away. There was a keyring, a badge, a pony eraser, phone and fan. Furthermore, she’s been using them ever since. The fan came in especially handy during these hot summer days! The freebies were enjoyed by both parent and child. Furthermore, I notice that the quality of free gifts was very good in terms of being solid and durable.
The magazine was full of lots of different activities to suit the interest of a young person. Some of our highlights included making the unicorn bookmark, playing Barbie dreamtopia hoopla and reading the story about Leona the Unicorn Fairy. There was a recipe for unicorn toast (!) and also a fabulous game where you can work out what your unicorn name is. In addition, we also enjoyed drawing and colouring in ‘Unikitty’ with a great tutorial of easy-to-follow steps. Most of all, we liked the activity at the back where your child can also make a fortune teller. We also used to know them back in the 80’s a ‘little chrysanthemum of fate’. I enjoyed sharing this activity with the next generation! (You’ll know what you mean once you see it).
As well as features, the magazine is also packed with competitions. In this month’s issue you can win prizes such as a scooter and Fingerlings toys. As Leona the Unicorn Fairy says, ‘It doesn’t always help to look for magic. You must let the magic find you’. If you stumble across this magazine in shops then the magic will have found you. It’s a delightful colourful magazine packed full of fun. The Totally Unicorns magazine will be in the shops until 28th June, when the second issue will be released. The second issue will be Totally Mermaids. You can find out more by visiting the Totally Magazine Facebook page
If you’d like to be in with a chance of winning a copy of Totally Unicorns (including the free gifts), we have three copies to give away to our readers. You can enter below:
Win a copy of Totally Unicorns!Totally Unicorns Magazine Giveaway
Terms and Conditions:
- This promotion is open to United Kingdom residents aged 18 or over as of their date of entry.
- There are four points of entry for this competition. Entries are accepted for all four points of entry. (a) Comment on this blog post. (b) Follow @happyfamilyhub on Twitter. (c) Visit @happyfamilyhub on Facebook. (d) Visit @happyfamilyhub on Instagram.
- Entries must be made before the closing date of Friday 15th June at 10pm.
- This competition is not endorsed by Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- There will be 3 winners, each winning 1 prize.
- The prize will consist of 1 x Totally Unicorns magazine for each winner.
- We will select the winner at random from all eligible entries received. Winners will be notified the week commencing Monday 18th June 2018.
- The winner will have 48 hours from being contacted in order to have their prize sent out. If the winner does not respond, another winner will be drawn.
- Prizes will be sent to the winners directly to the name and address specified.
- All personal data collected from entrants is stored by Gleam and not by Happy Family Hub. Happy Family Hub will collect the names and addresses of the winners and these will be used to send the prizes out.
- Entrants agree to winners names being shared by Happy Family Hub on their social media platforms.
*This is a collaborative post with Totally Unicorns. However, all views and opinions are my own*